Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A New Beginning


In April of 2013 I started freelancing for the Courier-Journal Newspaper in Louisville, Ky. I was so excited the day that they gave me my first call. Prior to them calling me I had assisted the highly talented, and well known photographer Bill Luster on assignments for the Courier for several years. He started taking me on sporting events such as UK & UL football games, the Kentucky Derby and the Breeders Cup. While at the those events I was able to meet the Courier photographers and staff and build my relationships. After building those relationships and graduating from Jefferson Community College with a degree in Commercial Photography and Graphic design i was given the opportunity to sign on with the Courier-Journal as a freelancer. It wasn't until a year later I was finally able to take on my first assignments with them.

My first assignment was taking photos of foreclosed banks around the city of Louisville. My editor wanted to start me out with a smaller assignment to see how I worked.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment